Etsy Metal Blog Carnival
Topic: "What In The World Are You You Doing?"
What is a blog carnival?..... It is EtsyMetal members who write an article on the same topic on the first Monday of each month.
It feels like I've been walking through molasses. It feels like I haven't gotten anything done. BUT...
I had to figure out how to update my website. I had built it with iWeb and then got a new computer, and iWeb wasn't on it. It is obsolete.
Well, about a year ago, I bought DreamWeaver4 and then immediately avoided using it. I knew there would be a big learning curve. There was. My son had built several websites using DreamWeaver and he said he'd help me. Of course, he doesn't live here, so his help was through a few phone calls. BUT I started using it, and I was getting it.
Then one day, my son calls me up and says, 'Hey, check out my website!" I said did you use DreamWeaver? He said no. He used Weebly, a free website builder. (Also the site that Mary Lu Wason had told me about a month ago.) I asked him why he didn't use DreamWeaver and he said it was too time consuming, Weebly was really easy. So I had to let go of the fact that I had paid a lot of money for DreamWeaver and go check out Weebly. He was right, it was super easy! So go check out my website... right now. Don't forget to take the poll of the month. I was totally obsessed with creating this website for about 4 days.
I submitted some pieces to the Charles Lewton Brain fold-forming competition. That took me a whole day. Why does everything take sooooo long to do?!
I'm planning a trip to AZ this week (actually when you read this I will be there or on my way home. I am driving from central CA with my oldest son and we will pick up my middle son in LA then drive to Phoenix to see my brother and his family. I'm guessing it will be really hot.
For the last 2 weeks, I have been going to the gym every day!!
I have been refining my Dangerous Vagina jewelry series.
By July 15, our Flickr TADA group will have our 3rd show up –
Personal Legends : Physical Interpretations of Story and Myth
So I have been working on a couple of pieces for that.
Join us if you like!
I have been reading lots of books:
- Imagine by Jonah Lehrer, about how creativity works. It's pretty interesting, I've blogged about it.
- Deadly Harvest, by Geoff Bond an anthropological look at nutrition. Really really interesting!!
- Cloisonné Enameling & Jewelry Making by Felicia Liban & Louise Mitchell written in 1980. It's a really good book with a lot of good info, not just about cloisonné.
- Mediaeval Craftsmanship and the Modern Amateur by Newton Wethered, has some interesting stuff in it.
- Scars Make Your Body More Interesting by Sherrill Jaffee I read this in the 70's, it's a collection of short stories. I'm not sure that it moves as much today, but I really like the title and am creating a line of jewelry based on the title.
- Interview Magazine
- Juxtapose Magazine
I've also spent A LOT of time looking for things that keep disappearing.
I have been doing battle with the gophers in my garden. So far they are winning.
Please check out what these other Etsy Metal members have been doing!
1. Laney - http://silentgoddess.blogspot.com
2. victoria takahashi - http://vtakahashi.blogspot.com/
3. Miranda - http://gracebourne.blogspot.ca/
4. Beth Cyr - http://bcyrjewelry.blogspot.com
5. Rebecca Bogan - http://AdobeSol.wordpress.com
6. Anne Walker - http://www.creativeinclinations.blogspot.com
7. Erin Austin - http://metalmusing.blogspot.com/
8. Danielle Miller - http://daniellemillerjewelry.blogspot.com/