- A little bit about your background, where did you grow up, where do you live now, education, family, etc...
- What art movements do you relate to?
- How has your work changed?
- Most significant project or accomplishment
| || |
- What are your goals?
- What toys do you have?
And the apps! Oh the apps! There are such apps in the world that open up whole new potentials for cybernetic art. Smartphones really do make us cyborgs, you know, because we can now transpose our creative selves wholly into cyberspace if we care to. Instagram is my favorite right now, but Snapchat is the one that really blows my mind because of the notion of impermanence. The image once received from the sender is only viewable for a few seconds and then it’s lost forever! It’s like the image as object has become so prolific that instead of trying to preserve it physically in an album forever, we are content and even excited by it only lasting a few seconds.
My other new toy is my body. I started the physical transition from female to male about three years ago when I started undergoing hormone treatment. It’s been about a year and a half since I had chest surgery and, now that I’ve healed I’ve been very interested in pushing the limits of my body as a performance in and of itself. I could give you the whole “at last, I feel right in my body” speech, but I try and resist the narratives we’ve started getting used to hearing about transpeople. For me it’s altogether like having a new body, a new vessel for expression. There was nothing inherently wrong with my previous body, I was just ready for a new toy.
- What are your favorite movies/tv shows?
- Do you believe in magic? Why or why not?
- God yes! But, of course, I am the only one allowed to choose what is appropriate and what is not.
- What advice would you give to others?
I love chatting, answering questions and being flattered/insulted so please, please feel free to contact me! I can be contacted through any of the following:
@cauhboi on Instagram