I decided it was time. I found a couple of hammer handles where the heads had come off, (back when I bought very cheap hammers on eBay from discount tool sellers - remember, never throw anything away.) He took the nylon and one of the handles to his shop and cut them and drilled them for me. I put them together tonight. I had to taper the handle more to fit into the hole. I used my flex shaft with a grinding stone. Finally got it to fit, then drilled a small hole through the nylon and the handle and put a 16-gauge piece of copper wire through as a rivet to secure it. Then I filled the top with glue. I still need to finish the ends of the hammer head.
This hammer was made with a small nylon rod. I drilled a hole through the middle and stuck a chop stick through it. I haven't done anything else to secure it, I haven't tried it yet; maybe I won't need anything else.
These pictures were taken on my phone and edited on my phone with an app called PhotoStudio. There are waaay too many things to play with and learn out there!!! It's 2am, I gotta go to bed!!